Christopher Robinson has repeatedly been recognized by his peers and clients alike as a leading expert in patent procurement in the life sciences and related industries. He has been practicing in this area for over 25 years, representing innovative biotechnology and chemical companies, with a particular emphasis on biologics and pharmaceuticals, and agricultural technologies.
He has extensive expertise with every facet of the patent procurement process and also provides strategic advice on portfolio management and licensing. His practice is diverse, including molecular biology, peptide chemistry, immunology and genetics based innovation. He has broad experience in patenting antibodies, vaccines, enzymes for use in the life sciences and industrial biotechnology, stem cells, gene therapy, and medical diagnostics. He assists clients in advising them on enforcement, including under the Patented Medicines (Notice of Compliance) Regulations, and commercialization in Canada.
Christopher works with clients ranging from small and medium-sized life sciences and pharmaceutical companies to multinational corporations, and he also has experience working with universities. He manages global patent portfolios for his Canadian client base, and has been entrusted with protecting new innovation in Canada for many of the world’s leading chemical and biotechnology companies.
Christopher is also a teacher, developing not only associates within the firm, but also educating new intellectual property leaders through university patent law classes and programs provided by the Intellectual Property Institute of Canada.
Rankings and recognition
- Named Best Lawyers' 2015 Vancouver Biotechnology Law Lawyer of the Year
- Named Best Lawyers' 2013 Vancouver Intellectual Property Law Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized in the Canada Chapter of LMG Life Sciences 2014 as a 'Life Science Star' under Intellectual Property
- Recognized annually since the inaugural edition in 2006 of The Best Lawyers in Canada under Intellectual Property Law and Biotechnology Law
- Recognized annually as an 'IP Star' since the inaugural edition in 2014 of Managing Intellectual Property’s IP Stars Handbook: Patents
- Selected to appear in The Canadian Legal LEXPERT® Directory under Intellectual Property and Biotechnology
- Recognized annually since the inaugural edition in 2012 of IAM Patent 1000 - The World's Leading Patent Practitioners under Prosecution
- Recognized annually since the inaugural edition in 2010 of Who's Who Legal: Canada under Life Sciences
- Regularly recognized in Who's Who Legal: Life Sciences since the inaugural edition in 2008
- Recognized in the 2015 edition of Who's Who Legal: Patents
- Recognized annually in PLC Which Lawyer? under Life sciences: patent counselling since 2003